Friday, November 16, 2007

Snowflake Afghan



Here is one of several WIP afghans I have going.
This one is my favorite....a Snowflake Afghan. I have 2 rows finished.
You can find the pattern here.




The motifs are relatively easy to do....its the joining that
is tedious. A lot of ends to weave in, but its coming out really nice.
I am using Caron Simply Soft in the Country Blue and 2 strands
of Bernat Softee Baby Sparkle in the sport weight. I am starting
to run out of the Sparkle and I havent been able to find any in
the sport weight so far, just the fingering weight, so I hope I have
better luck soon. I wont be able to work on it till after Christmas,
anyway, so its ok. I just wanted to show how it was coming along.




Crochet Away!

9 comments:

Lesalicious said...

Oh Oh that is so cute omg so cute. Great job so LOVE IT:)

MiniBooger said...

Your snowflake afghan is going to be gorgeous!

MiniBooger said...

P.S. I found Bernat Softee Baby Sparkle online at both Joann's & Herrschners if you can't find it locally ;)

Sônia Maria said...

Hi my friend!
Your snowflake afghan is cute.
I love yours crochets.
Hugs for you,
Sônia Maria

smr61754 said...

Thank you, ladies! The only problem I have with this afghan is the Simply Soft is so slippery that weaving in all those ends is difficult....I found I have to divide the ends in half and weave them in different directions which makes it take TWICE as long :)

Thanks for the info on the Sparkle, Mini!

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Oi!!!
menina eu sou apaixonada por croche
o seu blog é lindo e tem bastante ideia boas para mim.

beijos.Graça...

torinodog50 said...

I am crocheting this afghan with red heart worsted medium #4 soft yarn and size G hook. The squares are coming out curly, what am I doing wrong?

!Randomo's_Blog! said...

When I first saw this I thought it was a scarf! (that's what happens when you don't read, genius!), so you could do that with it if you don't want to make 59 squares. maybe edge it or something though...
I have decided to give this a go, although the only project I have ever finished is a teddybear that I stitched about 5 years ago. I do want to finish something though, so hopefully it will be this! thanks :)

Unknown said...

I used your pattern to make a blanket for my daughter. She loves it! Thanks very much for giving free patterns.

Twitter Timeline