Welcome To my Crochet Blog!

Here you will find my most recent as well as past projects, links to patterns and info about my favorite craft...CROCHET! Feel free to look around, make a comment and enjoy! Thanks for visiting and come back again! :)

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Doris's Blanket

This blanket is what I was working on when my friend Doris passed away. She requested a blanket in 100% cotton and very colorful. I chose the Thermal Stitch Preemie Afghan pattern. I used various kinds of worsted cotton....Sugar and Cream, Peaches N Cream, Bernat Handicrafter and Lion Brand Cotton and a J hook. She wanted it very big but when she died, I just didn't feel much like making it as big as she wanted. So I decided to make the width the length and finish it in a smaller size....



It's a very easy stitch and makes a great, practical blanket for a kid. It's easy care....machine wash and dry. Its a warm weight but breathable. I'll save it for a child...maybe a future grandchild or maybe donate it to Project Linus. Either way it will get a good home and be a way of honoring my friend.

Crochet, Away!

5 comments:

FoFo said...

It is beautiful...HUGS

Love To Crochet said...

Such a heartfelt story. Your friend had a wonderful friend in you. Beautiful.

naida said...

It's beautiful Sandy xoxo

gigi said...

Beautiful blanket!!!

gigi said...

Beautiful blanket!!!