Welcome To my Crochet Blog!

Here you will find my most recent as well as past projects, links to patterns and info about my favorite craft...CROCHET! Feel free to look around, make a comment and enjoy! Thanks for visiting and come back again! :)

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Year

I am sorry for my absence. Since September of last year, I have been helping to care for a friend who was terminally ill. She passed away this morning after her long battle with cancer came to an end. As a result, my crocheting was limited and several things I did crochet I made for her. She wanted fingerless gloves to keep her hands warm and a crocheted market bag and I had started an afghan for her, but was not able to finish it in time. But she is at peace now....she was a caring person and did not deserve what she suffered. But she was also a fighter....she was diagnosed 9 years ago and was able to live a good life until the last several months.

I hope to be back with more crochet very soon. I am working on a contracted afghan and must finish it ASAP. After that, I should be back in the swing of things, as the saying goes.

Thank you for those who have been and who chose to continue to be a part of my blog life. Keep crocheting!

7 comments:

shewhocrochets said...

I'm sorry for your loss :( I'll keep you and your friends family in my prayers.

FoFo said...

I am sorry for your loss. You are truly a good friend to care for her in her illness. (((HUGS))) I will pray for you and her family.

Ria said...

So sorry to read this. She was very lucky to have a friend like you.

Hazel's Crochet said...

I am sorry for your loss, she had a good friend to care for her :)

Maven said...

My condolences on the passing of your friend. We all should be so lucky and blessed to have a devoted friend such as yourself. XOXO

naida said...

I'm a sorry for your loss. She had a wonderful friend in you. xoxo

Crochet Jewel said...

Hi, Great Site! I started a Crochet Directory on my Crochet Jewel site! I added an Add Your Pattern button that allows you to upload your Crochet Photo along with Your Direct Link to Your Pattern on My site! This will increase traffic to your site! Thank you! http://crochetjewel.com/?page_id=4435